PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
• users of our website;
• members, benefactors, sponsors, potential members and benefactors; and
• others who may be interested in our organisation.
This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your Personal Data through your use of this website and other sources, when you engage with us.
WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://scss.org.sg.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal Data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It may be through We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data - name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data - email address, telephone numbers, addresses.
- Technical Data - internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Usage Data - information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data - your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Records of correspondence between us and you (for example, records of your and our communication for purposes of support services)
- Comments, posts, or other data you upload to our site (for example, in the contact form)
- Information you provide by completing forms on our website or in our products and services (for example, membership subscribing, benefactors and sponsorship information and information you provide when subscribing to newsletters or contacting us)
HOW DO WE USE DATE WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We use the data we collect from you to provide information, services, or products you have requested or purchased, and to allow you to interact with us and the website. This may include sending you emails from time to time; these emails always contain either information you have requested or that you have consented to receive, or information we have a legitimate interest in delivering (such as notices of product changes). You can always unsubscribe from any email list by clicking the indicated link in the email.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Social Media Platforms
You access our media properties through social media platforms, such as Facebook. When you do so, we may be able to access certain information in your platform profile, such as your name, email address, photos, gender, birthday, location and platform ID, etc.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our Website may contain hyperlinks or embeds to third party websites. These websites operate fully independently from us, and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties nor the availability of these external sites or resources. The appearance of such links on our Website is not an endorsement. Should you use any of these websites, such use is at your own risk and we would recommend that you review their respective privacy policies.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. In general, we keep your data only as long as necessary to provide the service or product you requested. If you are a user who has an account with us, we will keep the data connected to your account until you ask us to destroy it. This is in order to help us remember information about previous interactions with you (for example, records of support service) or in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. Ordinarily, if your account is inactive, your data will only be stored so that the account can be reactivated in the future, and your data will not be processed for any other purpose. You can ask us to destroy your data at any time by following the procedures outlined in this policy, but if we do not have certain information about you, it may be impossible for us to provide any products or services to you.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHERE IS YOUR DATA STORED?
We are an organisation located in the Singapore. When we store your data, it is stored in the Singapore.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have a right to know if we have any of your personal data and to have access to that data, and you have the right to have any incorrect personal data corrected. If you have given us consent to have or use your data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You also have the right to have your personal data erased or to transport your data. Ordinarily we do not use automated decision-making with respect to any personal data, but if we do, you have the right to object.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Which authority is appropriate varies depending on your jurisdiction. If you wish to lodge a complaint, we can assist you in determining where the complaint should be lodged.
You may contact us at any time at https://scss.org.sg/contact-us/ exercise any of these rights. Understand that sometimes we have to have your data in order to interact with you, and so exercising some or all of these rights might impact your ability to use our website or our products and services.
HOW DO WE ENSURE YOUR DATA IS SECURE?
We take a number of steps to ensure that data we collect is protected from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction, including the following:
- Many of our services are encrypted using SSL.
- We regularly review our data collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical and electronic security measures.
- We restrict access to your personal data to only those SCSS council members or selected members in the council who need access to it in order to deliver requested products and services.
- All of our council members, agents, and business partners are subject to strict confidentiality and nondisclosure obligations, the violation of which may result in termination and/or liability.
- All of our council members and agents receive regular appropriate training, including training in information privacy suitable to their respective fields and disciplines.